Saturday, September 15, 2007

Owl Power

I couldn't settle last night, I knew I wanted to do something, to be active but I just couldn't work out what. I cast a small circle and resolved to meditate, hoping that guidance might come. I'd just begun to lightly chant when above my dulcet tones I heard the Owl begin to call. I smiled in welcome of her presence and thought of what this meant.



The Owl is the epitome of mystery, magic, vision and guidance, it can be used to help heighten our senses and teaches us to use our intuition, to follow our instincts. It is a symbol of the night, our dreams and our fears. In particular the power of the Owl is excellent for meditative work, for entering the silence.
As I drew these energies into the circle I remembered a beautiful Tawny Owl feather I had been lucky enough to find at a local animal sanctuary. As I held the feather gently and moved deeper into trance I was given clear instructions for its use.


I work intuitively, giving little thought to the process or materials I am using, only assessing what I've crafted when my work is done. This is a Tawny Owl Prayer Feather, it embodies all the power of the Owl. It has been dressed with rabbit fur, which is symbolic of the lunar cycle, fertility and the ability to make up lost ground, it aids the user in attuning to natural rhythms, promoting growth and change. There is beading in Amethyst which raises Spiritual awareness and encourages psychic abilities, healing, transformation and inner peace. The feather is completed with a Hematite moon, this enhances focus and concentration, will-power, courage and confidence, aiding balance and stability. These energies have been locked into the feather through prayer and it has been Smudged and blessed in circle. It has been designated for service of a higher purpose and cannot therefore be used in shadow.


This feather is not mine.


I am hoping its rightful owner will claim it...who knows you may just see it on eBay...







1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Blogger Trinidy Patterson said...

I love owls.
The owl is my power totem.
What are you planning on doing with your feather?
If you don't mind me asking.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home