Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Anna and the Bear



It was the strangest dream...

I was living in a raised cabin in the forest, it was sparse but homely surrounded by trees. There were houses on the horizon but I was immersed in my beloved woods. My cousin had joined me overnight and when I awoke in the morning, she was still sleeping. There was something I needed to find, I knew it was important and leaving her to rest, I left to begin my search.

On leaving the cabin I noticed a Bear below me and decided to go a different way. I traipsed across the footbridge, some four foot off the ground, and the Bear ambled along below me. She wasn't threatening in any way and I knew she could reach me if she chose to. I entered one of the houses above and watched through the glass of the patio doors, as the Bear settled herself on the deck to wait.
I was looking through records, files and folders, searching for something that was mine. Something that had been hidden from me. I decided to return to the cabin, thinking maybe what I sought was within.

Anna had been smoking and the straw mattress was ablaze...I looked for an extinguisher in vain, knowing that I could lose everything. Bear tried to smother out the flames with her vast mass to no avail...the cabin was lost. I was offered a suit of rooms in which to stay, while my cabin was rebuilt...

"I don't want this," I shouted, "I just want what's mine!"


2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM , Blogger Dink said...

hey :)
i have been having loads of dreams lately, some good some bad. Trouble is i forget them almost as soon as i wake up...so im thinking i need to get a note book to jot them down in. Any tips on remembering them eh?

big hugs xx

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

Hey Sweetie,

Keep a notebook my your bed and set an alarm to wake you about twenty minutes earlier than normal. Sometimes I find telling myself that I will remember before I go to sleep, works to.

Hugs to you to x x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home