Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's Been Forever...

It's been ages since I've written anything... I've been side-tracked with other ideas. Not that this is a bad thing, it's just different. My creativity has possessed me lately and what with cooking, crafting and readings, I don't seem to have time for anything else.

So what exactly have I been doing...ho hum...okay I'll share...



Welcome to Totem Spirit Designs!



Those of you that read my previous post on the trees, will know that I collected the energy available through ritual... the next step was to find somewhere safe to hold that energy...




This is what I created. This is my personal Medicine Pouch, which includes symbols of all the Medicine that I hold and can work with. As a first attempt I was really pleased with it, particularly since sewing was never among my gifts...


However I am a perfectionist and I wanted to improve on my new found skills...



This is where it led me...




The next bag I began was for my eldest Son, the Lion is his Totem and I wanted to make him a Pouch to carry his own Medicine in, when he comes of age. This one took me a month to complete, each bead is individually hand stitched and believe me it takes hours!!!




On a roll I decided to continue. I find it really therapeutic to just sit beading, it stave's off the boredom of housework and kids and I'm really proud of what I've created.




My latest creation was a gift for a close friend. She claims the Eagle as her Guide and I made this to mark her Rite of Passage into Motherhood.







I may not write again for a while, as I've already started my latest design and my fingers will once more be busy...


I am still available for Readings, Rituals, Dream Interpretation and Healing, so feel free to drop me a line.



........................

May You Always Walk In Beauty
Much Love,
Natalie.
wildmotherlightning@hotmail.co.uk

........................


3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

Amazing work, Nat!

You have done incredible beading.

I'd love to see a more detailed photo.

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

Your wish is my command lol x x

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

So nice to see you back blogging! Your pouches are lovely!

I know what you mean about other projects...I started a mental health blog and it's taken me in directions so quickly I'd never have suspected...But it is a writing-related distraction, I guess. I did just do a craft project for the first time in a long time (I'm not crafty). It was fun, so I may do another one. "Art therapy." I'll post a picture of it when I get my new camera.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home