Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Gecko...

Today I did some travelling through blog land and visited a few of my favourites As always the photographs posted at http://adventuresoftimtim.blogspot.com/ never fail to inspire me and the latest find of a Gecko out of season, struck me as possibly having some deeper significance.

From a Shamanic perspective animals can provide insight into things which are occurring in our lives and this is more likely to be the case if the animal is behaving in such a way as to draw attention to itself; if for example it is seen in an unusual place, out of season, or acting in an unlikely way, as though playing out a message.

The Gecko's message is this:


The Gecko teaches us to do what we must in struggles, there may be opposing energies at play in our lives and you are reminded not to be passive. While the Gecko is naturally harmless, it is not afraid to bite if provoked. If you prevent opposition from occurring now, you will prevent it in the future. You may experience greater dream activity at this time and Gecko advises you to pay attention to what is revealed. It is a time to do what you must to restore order and bring and end to any conflicts, Gecko teaches the importance of righteous anger and reminds you to use it.

11 Comments:

At 9:28 AM , Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Hey Natalie,

Just stopping by to say hi.

I dream of cats every night - like domestic cats. What do you think about that?

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

I would need a little more information. For example, what colour are they...this may provide a link with their wild ancestry. Cats share similarities with their wild counterparts but each has their own unique and distinct characteristics. Also how were these cats behaving, what are they doing and do you recall how many there are?

Sorry lots of questions, if you write it up and email me, I'll have a look for you. x x

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger TR Ryan said...

Thanks for that marvelous reading! I do sometimes feel entitled to "righteous anger" (much more since the elections in our country in 2000!). Appreciate the interpretation immensely, thank you!!!

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

:) Like the gecko that fell (jumped?) on my head last night as I was leaving my mom's house.....and the one that was waiting for me by the front door when I arrived home the same night. Her message was one of invisibility (transparency?) and the mastery of time and fits well with my Shamanic path at this time. Any further insight you might have would be most welcomed.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Elissa said...

Are you still blogging? I would love to find you on facebook

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How about 4 gekos staying on the walls of my front porch

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How about 4 gekos staying on the walls of my front porch

 
At 2:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have been experiencing a huge trial in my life since August 2015 when we were evicted from our apartment. Twice during this trial I have crossed paths with Baby geckos, once at the beginning and then just recently in our motel room. Is there any spiritual significance to the fact that they were both babies, and what are they trying to tell me?

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Same here 3 out front right now hanging out.

 
At 4:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What if you have had the nickname Gecko for 15 years?

 
At 12:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

sambung ayam

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home