Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Baby and the Snake

I can only have been about seven or eight when I had this dream but I can remember the physical sensations as though it was yesterday.

In the dream there was a snake trapped in the divan base of my bed... as I lay there I could feel the snake moving, exploring, searching for a route out... I waited, breath baited. To my extreme surprise and horror I felt the snake slam hard into my lower back, throwing me into the air, as though forcing it's way up through the mattress.

Afterwards my back felt sore, bruised and tender and I was conscious of where I'd been hit. Just recalling the memory triggers the feelings it created, though bizarrely there isn't any fear.


The Snake is an archetypal symbol of resurrection and rebirth, the epitome of transformation and the cycle of life. It embodies the transition, of shedding the old, rebirth. During this process the eyes of the snake appear to cloud over as though in trance, implying the ability to move between the realms of the living and the dead. It reflects the possibility of opening to these abilities and awakening contact with Spirit. Snake teaches us to trust in our instincts, the vibrations that we feel from those around us. It symbolises change and healing, the release of fear and reminds us that in resisting we create a state of limbo.

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM , Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Oh my God, it's nice to see you back! I was so excited when I got your comment over at my place. I have often wondered what happened to make you decide to stop blogging...your exit seemed so abrupt to me. Though, I must admit, when you stopped, I was rather self-involved, so forgive me if I am misinterpreting things.

I'll put your link up on my blogroll.

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

Bang on, as usual Sweetie, I did bail pretty fast...lots of paranoia set in...

It's good to be back though, catch up again soon.

I'll be posting your link here to.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home