Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tree House?



Last nights dreams were a little more vague but I remember walking into the ground floor of a house and being met by the root system of a tree. As I looked upwards I could see that the tree had grown up through the ceiling and I climbed the stairs to investigate. On the second floor the vast trunk filled the centre of the room, as it continued upwards. By the third floor I finally began to see the trees branches, though these had broken through the roof as the tree journeyed skyward...

This was a clear image of the three worlds travelled by a Shaman, lower, middle and upper and is found in various guises throughout religion and mythology as for example, the Tree of Life, the Tree of Knowledge, the Bo-Tree of Buddha, the Philosopher's or Diana's Tree, and the Tree of the Universe.

In this instance it seemed to be an Oak Tree and it was its enormous trunk, the axis where it touched the earth, where lower and middle worlds meet, that drew my attention.

The Oak has been considered sacred for many reasons; firstly to the God of Thunder, as the Oak is believed more likely to be struck by lightning than other trees. It was venerated by the Druids and English history is rife with Oak trees, used for hiding, hanging, dining, meeting points, places of worship and it can also be seen as of royal significance in many instances.

I'm not sure of it's significance in my dream but generally in dream lore houses represent the soul and having formerly lived at Oakhill Farm and being twice struck by lightning, there is clearly a message for me here. Perhaps it is simply the point of being, where the Oak like the lightning meets the Earth and similarly to the Turtles of the night before I am being reminded to re-establish my connection to the Earth...as above, and so below...

I'm hoping that tonight will shed a little light on the matter.




3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

I love the way this dream is such a classic journey.

As you mentioned oak I looked it up on greenman trees - their oak essence is described thus:

43. Oak
(Quercus robur)
- "manifestation"
Absorption and integration of very deep, hidden energy underlying this reality. The desire for stability whilst experiencing the polarities of existence. Ability to manifest one's goals. Channelling energy

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

Wow!!!

Thanks for that Sweetie, I had a quick scan round but I don't seem to have anything specific to tree energies here, so that was really helpful.

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger TR Ryan said...

Natalie - thanks for stopping by earlier today -- it was good to see you again and visit you and your dreams.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home