Monday, December 03, 2007

Medicine Man

I have been one of those unfortunate women who has suffered from recurrent miscarriage. Some ten years ago now after the loss of my sixth child, the medical profession finally began some investigations. They ran blood tests for illnesses, infections and DNA based hereditary conditions...they found nothing. The unborn child, a boy, was sent to the lab for dissection, he was perfect...they could not help me.

One doctor suggested that I may be suffering from a condition called P.C.O.S. which causes small cysts to develop on the ovaries, blocking the follicles from which the eggs are released and referred me for a new procedure under experimental trial at the time. It seemed drastic to me even then, they wanted to remove a third of each ovary, forcing new growth to occur which they hoped would prove cyst free... there were no guarantees.

I later found that this treatment was recommended for women who had never produced eggs and didn't therefore have an ovulation cycle or period during which to conceive. I had demonstrated no difficulties in this area. I had already tried various healers, spiritualists, psychics and clairvoyants, to no avail and so I patiently waited for my operation date to arrive.

It was late Autumn, the leaves had already lost their golden glow and fallen, creating a thick mulch covering the land. Winter's chill had begun to creep into my bones and on the long walk home that evening I promised myself a long soak in the bath. I lay in the warm cocoon of the bath tub, allowing my mind to wander and drift, following the steam with my gaze as it wafted upwards in moist warm clouds. My focus was drawn to my right the steam there was not moving, it seemed to be settling and growing thicker, I held my breath as a shape began to emerge. Standing beside me was a six foot, powerfully built Medicine Man in full ceremonial dress, "give me your womb," he demanded, his voice reverberating around the small room. Stunned I nodded, unable to question or think...I began to tremble and a wave rushed through my body, forcing my muscles to spasm and contract. The sensation was similar to that of an orgasm, though definitely not as pleasurable.

The Medicine Man was gone.

Some days later he appeared within a dream...he took me to visit the children I had lost, to see them in Spirit and see how they had grown. I felt a sense of peace settle around me and awoke feeling tranquil and at one. As I left home that morning a spiral of leaves began to swirl and rise before me, "it's time to let them go," the Medicine Man's voice echoed on the wind. I felt a strange sensation, as though I was lifted, held. I felt safe, forgiven, accepted, I felt loved. I watched the leaves rise higher until I could see them no more, my sense of loss was gone. Later in another dream I watched as my power animal, a horse which I had been working with, was attacked and killed by a huge lion, at the time I didn't understand what this meant.

Two months later I was pregnant again, to mine and my partner's surprise...my surgery date had been set and doctors were baffled when I refused. Yes the operation would mean losing the child but my chances of the pregnancy coming to term were slim. They pressurised me to continue as planned, my instincts screamed NO!

I saw the Medicine Man regularly after that, he told me that my child was the first of seven souls which he had been called upon to bring through. My son was finally born healthy and whole on the seventh of December, despite him arriving some three weeks early. The Medicine Man checked in with us often over the next two years or so and I wasn't alone in being able to see him, Zach, my son, could to.

He left unexpectedly one night with a close friend of mine and despite having earlier difficulties with conception, her daughter was born some nine months later, she too had noticed the Medicine Mans presence. I haven't seen him since, except in journey space but before he left he told me his true name and to call if he was needed.

I don't know why I was chosen or what Zach's destiny will be but I know that some day the Medicine Man will return. His work is not complete yet, his missions just begun.

I eventually lost touch with the friend that followed in my footsteps, whose child was another of those brought through. By now all seven may have arrived!

I would be interested to hear from anyone who feels that this Medicine Man has made a connection with them or holds any insight into his purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home